The student news site of Gowanda High School

The Phoenix

Introduce your family to The Addams Family

On stage November 9 and 10

William Sylvia, Staff Writer

It’s here again Gowanda! The high school musical. This year’s production of The Addams Family features Wednesday falling in love.

It’s going to be hilarious for all who go and cast members say it is amazing to be a part of the show.

The leads discussed what it is like having a big part in the musical.

Senior Ryan Monat, who plays Mal, said, “It’s a lot of commitment; a lot of work, but in the end it’ll be worth it.”

Freshman Patrick Strawder, who is playing Pugsley, said, “It’s nice to be able to lead the rest of the cast and it’s nice to put on an amazing show.”

Junior Dustin Stark, playing Gomez said,” It’s pretty cool.”

Senior Lexi Latona, playing the part of Morticia Addams, said, “It’s not our usual musical; it’s a lot more mature.”

The positive comments from cast and crew affirm how fun this musical is.

It’s not just the cast that’s in love with the musical. Mrs. Fetterick, the choreographer for the show, said, “I had never seen the show before and during the rehearsal I’ve grown to love this show.”

Mrs. Smith, the director of the musical, said the actors, singers and dancers have been working hard to memorize lines and learn dances. She added that it has the largest cast so far, which makes it even more entertaining – and challenging.

According to Mrs. Smith, the creators of The Addams Family musical took an iconic family and incorporated contemporary issues and jokes that appeal to all ages. The music and lyrics were written by Andrew Lippa; the playwrights are Marshall Brickman and Rick Elice.

Tickets cost $8 for adults, and $5 for students and senior citizens, and can be purchased at the door of the high school auditorium November 9 and 10. Show time is 7 p.m.